RULES TO PLAY
HOW TO SIGN UP
WHEN WE START
- The CHELSEA system must be used to register to play. Chelsea accepts request until 12:00 PM on Wednesday before Thursday's play. Play is limited to 112 players due to the number of carts available. Any players on the list over the allowable 112 will be listed on the sign-up sheet for the next Thursday game.
- To be eligible for prizes, players must have a current handicap or enough scores to have established a trend. Maximum handicap is 36.
- Players without handicap or trends, or a course handicap greater than 36 will be allowed to play, but will pay no entry fee or be eligible for prizes.
- If a player's spot on a card is left open due to a cancellation or a no-show, the appropriate A-B-C-D player replacement will be picked from a pool of walk-on players. Any remaining walk-ons may play together, but will not pay the entry fee nor be eligible for prizes. On days that the game is a scramble, walk-ons will not be allowed.
- In the case of a three player grouping (i.e. the fourth player spot could not be filled from the walk-on pool), a "blind draw" will be selected from the players in the flight needed (A,B,C,D), before any of these players have completed their round. The "blind draw" player has the opportunity to win two prizes.
- Entry fee for prizes is $5.00. All prize money will be distributed to winners by means of pro shop certificates.
- Entry fee for skins is an optional $5.00. All prize money will be distributed to winners by means of pro shop certificates.
- Play will be from the white tees. Optional: Anyone can choose to play the orange tees. You should let the Professional staff know 24 hours prior to Thursday play if you want to change to the orange tees.
- Summer rules ( i.e. play the ball as it lies, no give me putts ) apply during the "active" season (typically March thru December). During the "inactive" season the ball may be moved one club length, no closer to the hole, except in hazards.
- The game and the course to be played is posted on the golf calendar each month.
- Score cards should be completed, including 18 hole totals, for each player except on "Scramble" days.
- The pace of play should complete the round in 4 hours. Play ready golf. Take no more than your handicap maximum score unless it affects the outcome of the hole.
- All ties will be broken by a scorecard playoff starting on the #1 handicap hole and continue successively thru the next lowest handicap holes.
- All score cards are to be submitted to the Pro Shop immediately after play.
WHEN WE START
- Starting times will change throughout the year as light and weather conditions change and are posted on the monthly golf calendar.
- Shotgun starts are the norm unless weather or circumstances dictate otherwise.